You would be hard-pressed to find a group more committed to their neighbors and friends than Maguire Law. The philosophy is simple and direct and can be summed up in these words: “give something back to the community every time you get a chance.” Everyone in the firm shares this dedication, and it is demonstrated in both legal and non-legal service. The diverse areas of public service include countless pro bono cases on behalf of people in need, including criminal and guardianship matters. Other important activities include:
- Board of Directors for the Southeast Idaho Community Action Agency, an Idaho nonprofit organization designed to deal with problems of poverty in Southeastern Idaho
- Member of Bannock Development Corporation, an organization sponsored by local governments designed to promote economic development in Southeastern Idaho
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Pocatello Greenway Association, an organization formed for the purpose of developing and expanding Greenway trails in the Portneuf Valley
- President of the Centennial Rotary Club of Pocatello
- Pocatello Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Elementary Education Committee
- President of the Friends of the Museum of Idaho
- City of Pocatello Library Board
- Chairman of the Southeast Idaho Ducks Unlimited Banquet
- Chairman of the Pheasants Forever Banquet
- Membership in Bar Association groups, including Secretary and President of the Sixth District Bar Association
- Membership in the Portneuf Inns of Court
- Idaho State Bar Association’s Legal Education Committee. This committee promotes programs throughout Idaho to develop a better understanding of our legal system and how it works.
- Idaho State Bar Professional Conduct Bar. This committee reviews complaints of professional misconduct and recommends disciplinary action in the proper circumstances.